The two programs for Not for Profit (NFP) are 70 CPE’s in accounting that I do not qualify for since I am not a CPA 🙂
To me, the relevance of these courses is that I work with different NFP’s like the BSA and (ISC)2 that I can better help with this knowledge.
Whether you’re a not-for-profit (NFP) professional or work with NFP clients, you can set yourself apart with the AICPA Not-for-Profit Certificate I.
And note that, as of August 1, 2018, Not-for-Profit Certificate Program content has been updated to reflect implementation of FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) effective for most not-for-profit entities for their next financial reporting period, including those related to financial statement presentation (ASU 2016-14) and revenue recognition (ASU 2014-09 and ASU 2018-08).
The Not-for-Profit Certificate Program I, Winner of Accounting Today‘s Best New Products 2016.
NFP I CPE Courses
(25 courses: 40 Credits)
The Not-For-Profit Certificate II Program offers intermediate training on how to apply core concepts in not-for-profit (NFP) accounting and financial reporting, governance and assurance, and tax compliance to the unique financial needs of a not-for-profit entity. This program is perfect for:
- CPA firms looking for higher-level application and strategy training for staff members
- Nonprofit financial professionals seeking to deepen their knowledge
- Professionals in public practice seeking to acquire and retain NFP clients by demonstrating proof of proficiency and commitment to serving the industry
- Individuals who want to expand their skill set and build their resume, including deepening their knowledge of NFP-specific financial accounting concepts and the latest changes to GAAP
- Delivered through an award-winning on-demand e-learning interface, this self-paced course was developed to appeal to all learning styles and levels using audio, video, and hands-on skills practice.
- Successfully prepare not-for-profit financial statements in accordance with GAAP, including implementation of FASB Accounting Standards Updates likely to be effective for most nonprofits’ next financial reporting periods
- Complete a core IRS Form 990
- Build complex budgets
- Guide the strategic planning process
NFP 2 CPE Courses
(20 courses: 30 Credits)